Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I'm in an odd mood today...

me = high maintenance/needy and I don't know how to fix that...but I want to. (Simmer down now, I said this...not him. He says I'm normal.)

Today is a weird day. Last night was an amazing night. I'm ready for Friday so I can clean my house and pack mine and Brad's clothes and go see my family in Maryland. I'm super stoked about possibly making a date trip to Baltimore to visit a cafe that we saw on Food Network one time; captain crunch coated french toast and tasty cream cheese filled crepes...here I come! Hopefully anyway.

Broken dryer. Broken catalytic converter. Cracked and peeling tires. Grinding brakes. Fuzzy television. I think God is telling Brad and I we need to spend more time at home, less time in front of the tv...all while being naked. I think he's also trying to show us how grateful we need to be for the amazing parents he has blessed us with and the well-providing jobs we both have...because otherwise we would be stuck in a very bad way.

I'm so content. I like things how they are. The only change I am looking for is at least in the execution stage, no telling how long that will be though. I'm just so ready for this to happen, my stomach gets tight and my heart beats faster because, come on already! I can't imagine this taking a year or two or even more, and to think people say I am a patient person, psha.

Can I just say this one little thing without it being pointed at anyone in particular? Why do people feel the need to warn about obvious changes and requirements that come along with having a child instead of celebrating along side of? Do people really honestly believe that we have not thought about financing a child, daycare, middle-of-the-night feedings and why-wont-you-stop-crying moments and all of those other wonderful things that come with parenting? Please do not patronize me, I am not naive and I am certainly capable of thinking and processing information just as well as you.

So yes, life is good. Happy wife? check. Happy husband? check. With Child? 'E' for effort.

No comments: