Thursday, September 4, 2008

Weekend Travels, Much to Look Forward To.

Tomorrow we leave for a weekend in Maryland, to [surprise] celebrate my grandfather's 70th birthday. I am really looking forward to it. Not the drive, mind you, but the fun we'll have once we arrive. My family loves Brad and Brad loves my family...so it makes for a lot of fun and laughs when we all get together.

Tomorrow I have the day off, but Brad has to work a half day. So he is leaving his truck with me and taking my car and I will pack our bags, clean our house, and load the truck up. My brother and dad will be riding with us, mom is flying up there today. I'm excited because when we get up there Friday, we turn around leave an hour later to go see 2 of my [third] cousins play a show...they are in a band. It will be a long day, but a fun night.

Saturday we get up and help my [second] cousin get ready for the surprise party for my Pop-pop. That will be an all day event and a lot of fun...save we get no bad weather from Hannah. I don't know what all is planned, but we'll be seeing family we don't get to see too often and it's always a blast when everyone breaks out their guitars and plays some old school country and blue grass (even though I'm not much of a fan...it does takes talent).

Sunday we are going to get up and go to Baltimore to the Blue Moon Cafe, which Brad and I saw featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. We've been dying to go ever since it was on that show and it looks so delicious. Mom, Dad, and Bri are all going to go too and we will begin our trek back to NC from there. The only thing that bites about this whole trip is that I forgot to take Monday off...I always take Monday off if I made an out of town trip...oops. So that will unfortunately make for a very tiring week next week, but it's all good and totally worth it.

There are things on my mind that I can't stop thinking about, and it would get very old if I continued to blog about them daily. I am practicing self control, but just so you know...I'm thinking about Baby constantly...and I think about Brad even more often than that.

On a final note, I love having a new name after 23 years of the same 'ol common last name...but what do I do about my twitter and my blog? I tried to leave a comment as myself on someone's blog today and it would not let me use my new email address to leave the comment, I had to log in using the email address associated with this blog instead, boohoo whine whine.

No comments: