Friday, September 12, 2008

Blogging: A Habit Not Worth Giving Up

Four whole days since I've blogged. I have had so many snippets of interest to say, but I never know how to compose them into one solidly written blog. I could always do bullets...but that should be saved for LiveJournal because, not so much.

This week has been really long and tiresome. I have slept fairly well, but wake up feeling like a zombie. I can't seem to get out of the fog, no matter how many cups of coffee or glasses of green tea I drink. This past weekend just exhausted me and we haven't had time to play catch up. I had gotten in the habit of getting up when Brad went downstairs and packing his lunch and saying goodbye. Once he left I would do the dishes and fold any laundry that needed to be folded and then check my blog rolls, email and then get logged in for work. But this past week I have found it difficult to get up. I usually wander downstairs about 5 minutes later than he does and he is usually already packing his lunch. I say goodbye to him and can't find the energy to do the dishes or fold laundry, promising I'll do it after I get off work (I have an hour and a half before work, and an hour and a half before he gets home from work). I end up doing it half-heartedly and usually only half the job gets finished. I finally got my butt in gear this morning, but that's because it's Friday and we are having company tomorrow...I want to sleep in tomorrow and not stress over cleaning before cooking dinner and making dessert; I figure the more I finish today, the less I have to do tomorrow. I know this won't last long...but I'm ready for that one night of sleep that will fix me.

I think I have finally figured out why blogging can be sometimes difficult for me. It is because, a blog seems to either be about something negative or positive and never just general. That could be because of my outlook on things, or just because my life is pretty boring, unless something terrible happens or something exciting happens. It's easy to write about the happy things (marriage, love, family) and easy to write about the things that make me exceptionally angry....but it's not easy to write about the mundane. So I guess my point is...I'm tired of the mundane. I want my life to be exciting all the time, even if it's not the most comfortable. I want something to write about! I want a life worth writing about every single day....because it's just that interesting! Now comes the scary part, the part where I figure out that what I just asked for and pleaded for can actually suck sometimes. Boy, I sure am picky :)

So I've received a few suggestions on this wonderful attempt we are making to begin expanding our family. I'll spare you a few of the suggestions because, eww and umm, DUH. But I did decide to start taking my temperature each morning to determine when I am truly....ripe [the word "ovulating" kinda' makes me cringe]. Before you go getting your panties in a wad, it's a normal thermometer and definately not the kind you are probably thinking. I mean, do they even MAKE those kinds of thermometers? Don't tell me, I don't wanna know. Ew.

So in closing, I'm tired and I'm tired of the roller coaster and we're trying to make babies (or even just one.). The End.

1 comment:

Tori said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment. Congrats (belatedly) on your new marriage! We just had a our one year anniversary, and it's amazing how fast it goes. Good luck with the baby-making :)