Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Overwhelmed By Him

I wish I could elaborate on how my life is right now because it's blossoming and changing and shaping and there are moments of complete and total fear and insanity (within the confines of my mind....) and moments where I am so totally blown away at the perfection that is, my husband.
After a majorly in depth and lengthy discussion in the earliest hours of the day, things won't ever be the same. We have taken that next step, gone up a level, grown together, become even more unified. I can't stress to you enough the feeling...the indescribable feeling of marriage. It is a mystery...this desire to be someone's everything, even if it means swallowing your own pride and doing what you know in your heart is right by them. It is a mystery that someone would do that for ME, that someone could love me enough to be exactly what my heart needs not only to stay alive, but to thrive and work at full capacity. I sat on our couch in our living room, shaking my head as tears streamed down my cheeks...I can't comprehend that he loves me so much. I can't comprehend that he wants to be beside me, standing tall and strong...just to be my rock. I can't comprehend that it's not for his sake, but for my own. For me. No other reason than that. Total and complete self sacrifice.
I shake my head, try and brush off the selfish feelings that well up inside of me and attempt to revel in the feeling of being someone's everything. I should be enjoying this feeling, but it makes me feel small. I'm not worthy of your everything....I don't deserve the sacrifice of your heart, and yet you tell me that I do. [No I don't, how can you say that, you don't really believe that, do you?]
With time my confidence will grow. It will be okay that I'm his everything, because he is mine as well. He gave me his whole heart because he trusts me that I will take care of it and guard it with my life. He trusts me because I've also given him mine to take care of in the same way. My life is no longer my own, it's ours. I wish I could describe to you the wave of differing emotions that wash over me when I think of forever, when I think of Brad, when I think of what is to come, and when I think of everything we've already tackled in this short period of time. It is a truly indescribable feeling that I think you can only understand once you've felt it yourself. I hope this is what it's supposed to feel like, because if not I need to know how I got so lucky.
It's such a humbling experience to be loved so deeply by someone. It makes me strive to be more, to be better, to be the best.....because he deserves that. I think when you offer yourself so completely to someone, you only deserve to be treated with the utmost respect, the utmost regard.
I hope he knows how much I love him. I hope he knows that he is so totally and completely worth every single day for the rest of my life.

No comments: