Friday, August 1, 2008

Day to Day Life

I have forgotten what it is like to sleep with someone. Brad and I are still getting used to sleeping in the same bed. We want to be close and cuddle and be right up next to eachother. But it ends up being either very uncomfortable (gets really hot) or we end up awake half the night. We both said last night around 1am that it sure would be nice to get to bed before midnight one night... we haven't made it to bed before midnight since we got home.

But boy oh boy do I love the married life. I can't get over how awesome Brad is, totally and completely. I love the teamwork effort that we have and we try and beat eachother to doing nice things for eachother (ie. cooking eachother breakfast, loading the dishwasher, etc). We bought a devotional last night that we are going to do together...we decided to start getting up in the morning and praying together. I love that I have found someone I can do life with and know that we have the same focus and the same drive for what is important in life, our lives at least.

It's obvious that I can't say enough about Brad and being married and how much I love him and just the awesome stuff that goes along with being his wife and even just a wife period...but it's frustrating when people say "enjoy it now because it won't always be that way". I understand that I can't just live in a fantasy world and believe that life as I knew it before is gone and the rest is just butterflies and fields of flowers, I do get that. But why do I have to feel like there is a looming black cloud a mile away that could speed up and ruin this streak of happiness? Is that really necessary? Can't I be realistic without being pessimistic? I like that people are concerned for me...makes me feel all special and stuff. But why can't people also just be HAPPY for me? That would make me feel special too.

Anyways, this has been an incredibly long week because I've been sick and also because we are finally done traveling and are settling into our routine of life together. We had date night last night and went to dinner and the christian book store to buy a devotional. We have reserved Friday nights for hanging out with friends and other couples....but guess what? I'm so exhausted from this week that I want nothing more than to just enjoy our home quietly, just the two of us. Our weekly routine seems like it's going to be slightly overwhelming and date nights are going to be like a tiny little 3 hour vacation from the outside world.
Here is our weekly routine starting with Sundays...

Sunday: church, lunch with mom and dad, youth group
Monday: work, lunch with mom and dad P
Tuesday: work, worship practice
Wednesday: work, church
Thursday: work, date night!
Friday: work, Seven/couples date
Saturday: reserved for cleaning and friends

I guess I can be excited because I do get to work home for a month at a time and only back on campus for 2 weeks before I get to be back home for a month again. When I start to feel overwhelmed is when people get angry that I haven't made time for them...I want to be a good friend, but there are so many people that are worth making time for and it's difficult and really overwhelming.

Well, enough of all of this....I hope you all have a wonderful day.

No comments: